Friday, March 17, 2006


Video Sharing at DropShots.com
Well it basically started when I was about ready to walk down and check the mail. I squated to tie one of my daycare kids shoes and I felt a little gush I knew I didnt wet myself because I just went to the bathroom. So I called Kevin at work and said Honey I think the baby is going to be born sotime tonight or tommorrow. He was like why and I told him. He said call the doc. So I did. They wanted me to come in and get checked and I was like well my hubby doesn't even get done with work till 4:30 ( it was like 2:30~3) They said no we want you here at about 4 ( I was not having any contractions at all) So I called Kev back at work and said they wanted to check me and to be there by 4. I said take your time I'm not having contractions and they all said first time baby's take 12 or more hours. I said I was going to go adn walk down and check the mail. He said "NO stay home" So I did. Well in the meantime the little boy's mom came to pick up her son ( which is also a cousin to my hubby) I told her what was what. She stayed with me till Kev got home. I had one contractions which was like is that a contraction She said yeah it probally was. Anyway I kept leaking like quarter size spots so I was chaingin underwear like crazy finally she said put a pad on DUHHHH why didn't I think of that Anyway Kev got there at about 3:30 took a quick shower loaded the car with the bags and me. I had another contraction on the way there. Well get there they call me in at about 5:15. Check me I am dialted to 4 and the doc says well we are keeping ya. They help me sit up and BAMMMMM my water breaks at about 5:30 p.m. They take me to L&D. Get me in a gown and settled in bed and BAMMM contractions start. Well the blood pressure thing was annoying me. Squeezing my arm at the same time a contraction was happening I hated it. Anyway at one point I decided I was done I couldn't do it anymore. So they offred drugs and I said yes. Which my goal was no drugs. Well the nurse could not stick me she kept poking me and poking me. Finally I looked at her and said very sturn FORGET IT . At this point I felt the urge to push she checked and said no your not ready. ( Now I at this point have no drugs still all natural birth) A few miniutes later I said I have to push and she said no you don't and I said YES I DO. Well she glared at me and checked and went running for the doc. Well he came in and said push. Well the nurse was trying to tell me when to push which was not working. Finally my mom said you push when you feel like it. I did that and BAMMMMM out come Parker Alex!!! Screaming, he had a bruised face. The doc than decides to clamp the umbilical cord ard roll it and pull on it ( Kev had already cut it) well when he pulled on it it snapped in half. He than clamped it again rolled it and pulled and told me to puch. The placenta was born. Next thing I know I am being jacked up to the doc's eye level and he is litterally shoving his hands in there mannnn that hurt worse than giving birth. Well he jams a needle in my arm ( remeber I had no pain meds the nurse could stick me and I said forget it) wheels me off to surgery. My uterus was inverted. So they had to fix it. Which they said Kev could be in there than they changed there mind all together and I watched as I fell asleep two doctors carrying my struggling husband out of the operating room. Anyway I had three pints of blood transfusion and Parker did not get his name for 5 hours. I did not REALLY hold him till the next afternoon. Kev thought I didnt want to hold him because he was a boy. Because anytime they tried to give him to me I refused. Reason why is because I was laying flat on my back when the one time I did take him started choking from being layed back flat. I was seeing double and I was passing in and out. Anyway Parker was 8# 7oz 20" and was born at 10:29 p.m. So my labor was short with him being my first. He scored 8&9 on APGAR
That was 8 years ago yesterday. Here he is on his birthday. He isn't sad or angry in the picture the darn sun was in his eyes...lol..... so he say's.


Video Sharing at DropShots.com

Hard to beleive 8 years has gone by. Parker is by far my miracle boy. From the beginning they thought he was going to be a tubal cause they could not find the little man. Than he was born a healthy baby boy. This birthday to me is special. I am soooo thankful he is alive to see his 8th birthday. He is a spunky little boy with lots of charm, whit and courage. He is also stubborn as all get out. Ya know he is ANGRY when that little vein on his neck sticks out.
Happy Birthday Little Man!!!!



Video Sharing at DropShots.com

No comments: